Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Journey down South

I like to write about things I see and hear. But today I am writing about a journey that I will be undertaking with my friends. And yes, I am excited about it. I haven't left Mumbai for a while now. It's not that I am complaining but seriously I need a good break from the hectic life in Mumbai. Initially, we had zeroed on Manali and Ladakh but then at this time of the year, Ladakh is not accessible through Manali so we cancelled the plan. Pondering over where we can go in the last week of March, we decided to drive down to South India. Now was the time to decide on the places to visit. After some serious discussion, we decide to drive down to a town in Karnataka called Gokarna which is a pilgrimage center along with a very happening and vibrant party scene. From Gokarna, we will head to Padubidri, a small town about 20 kms from the famous temple town of Udupi and it is my native place as well. We will spend time visiting temples and then head out to some of the numerous pristine beaches there. After distressing our self, we will drive down to OOty in Tamil Nadu passing the beautiful Coorg and the famous Bandipur National Reserve. To be very honest, I am much more excited about Bandipur then any other place that I am going to visit. Staying in a forest lodge for a night and then going on wildlife safari in one of India's best kept forest is a treat for me anytime of my life. After Bandipur, we will head towards Ooty, a beautiful hill station. On the way back, we may pass through Goa and stay there for a day. This is the plan but we have decided to keep it very flexible so that we can do what we like and if we feel like, we can extend or cancel any stay and place. Doesn't the plan sound exciting? For me, it surely does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment